Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tomato Chutney



Lots of tomatoes in the garden in March.
Lots of recipes around for Tomato Chutney.
I chose this one from Sally Wise's book.



I had 2 kinds of tomatoes in the garden in 2011.
Black Russian.
Green Zebra.
The BR is a sweeter tomato and the GR is tangy -
so I went 2/3 to 1/3.
And I wasn't quite sure which apple would be the best cooking apple,
so I went 1 Granny Smith and 1 Golden Delicious (also from our own garden).




It was pretty easy to make - just chop it all out, shove it in a pot and boil it for 1 1/2 hours.
That's it.



You can eat this one straight away - you don't have to wait and let it cure.
It tastes pretty good.
I like to eat it on home-made hamburgers and steak sandwiches.



Home: Mar, 2011
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...